The O’Donnells of Glashagh, Kilteevoge, Co Donegal
This page was compiled by Brigid and forms part of the Donegal Genealogy Resources Website
You may link to this page but not copy it
If you have a connection to this family, please Contact Brigid
Also see O'Donnells of Ballinamore
Brothers, Patrick and Eoin O’Donnell of Glashagh More, Kilteevoge (sons of Dominic Rua O’Donnell of Glashagh More, who died 1820-22), married their 1st cousins, Margaret and Ann ‘Rory’ O’Donnell (daughters of Dominic Rua’s brother Roger (Rory Rua) O’Donnell, 1763-1841, of Ballinamore, Inishkeel, and his wife Peggy McCool).
Dominic Rua and Rory Rua O’Donnell were the sons of Hugh (Hugh Roe) O’Donnell of Glashagh More, who died 1772/3.
1901 Census of Glashagh More
House #1 Cornelius/Con O’Donnell & Mary McMonagle household.
Con O’Donnell b1827, son of Eoin O’Donnell & Ann ‘Rory’ O’Donnell (1st cousins)
• Connell b 30 Mar 1866 married Cecilia/Sheila McDaid b16 Nov 1874 of Cabra Glebe, Conwal. [Connell O’Donnell is boarding with Sheila McDaid’s family in House #9 in the 1901 Census of Cabra Glebe, Conwal.]
House #3 John ‘Eoin’ O’Donnell & Mary Gallagher household.
John ‘Eoin’ O’Donnell b1817, son of Eoin O’Donnell & Ann ‘Rory’ O’Donnell married Mary Gallagher, daughter of James Gallagher & Sheila McDevitt, of Cronadun, Kilteevoge - see 1901 census Cronadun
• Hannah married Michael McNelis of Meenamalragh, Graffy, Inishkeel. See house #3 1901 Census Meenmalragh, Inishkeel.
• Nancy married a Boyle of Stracastle/Stracashel, Inishkeel.
• Cecily b1856 married 1895 Francis Dunnion of Trusk, Knock, Donaghmore.
• John (Jack) 1859-10Dec 1934 emigrated to New Zealand.
• Dominick 25Aug1864-2Aug1941 married Mary Quinn of Tievereagh, Graffy, Inishkeel. [See house #2 1901 Census of Tievereagh, Inishkeel for Mary and her family]
• Teague (Timothy) 18Oct1866-3Jun 1943 Emigrated to New Zealand in 1888 married Margaret McGinley. Lived Cronadun, West Coast, New Zealand.
House #6 Dominick O’Donnell & Catherine Craig household.
Dominick (d1912) was the son of Patrick O’Donnell & Margaret O’Donnell.
• Bridget b1857
House #7 Margaret & Susan O’Donnell
Grand-daughters of Patrick O’Donnell & Margaret O’Donnell.
(Father’s name not yet known.)
House #8 Patrick McCaffery & Isabella Moy household.
Patrick was the grandson of Patrick O’Donnell & Margaret O’Donnell.
Patrick O’Donnell (1796-1876) & Margaret O’Donnell had
13 children (8 sons and 5 daughters) all born before April 1844.
• Daughter (name not known) married Hugh O’Donnell of Glashagh (a cousin)
• Dominick d1912 m Catherine Craig
• Hugh b 1834
• Mary m 14 Jul 1864, at Kilteevoge, Charles McGlinn (widower of Letterbrick, son of Charles)
• Anne (Nancy) c1843-1905 m 11May 1865 Fintown, William McCaffery
Patrick O’Donnell, farmer of Glasaghmore, was a witness (#193) to the Devon Commission in Apr 1844. By this date some of his children had emigrated to America and others had left Glashagh; more to be hired in Tyrone.
BACK to Kilteevoge
© Donegal Genealogy Resources